Saturday, November 14, 2009

up to our words

So, I went and promised to give this website to someone. And then, when two of the other original 4guys contested, rather promptly, that that might not be the best idea, I was stunned--only because these two individuals never ever agree about anything thing unless the matter at hand is unquestionable.

e.g.
Motorcycles are sweet (metaphorically).

El Inca is sweet (literally).

So it appears that the transfer of Illimani Says . . . is unquestionably out of the question.

For purposes of near-full disclosure, I will post the near-entirety of the offer I'm now rescinding.

hi

you asked for our web address here on blog spot

I'd be more than happy to speak for the other 3 blog slackers that haven't posted in over 3 years and give it to you

but you have to explain how I do that; and please understand your dealing with a technological numb-skull, I know more expressions in Aymara than computer terms.

if you haven't left the states yet, and your mid-west location is anywhere near central Kentucky (or you have any connections with that part of the world--be they friendly or belligerent) you must, absolutely MUST, purchase (or have connections purchase) a six pack of Ale-8-One (bottles) for Baker--it's a mystical carbonated beverage known only by the chosen

I already know your outrage at this brainless suggestion made by a stranger and the firm tone used to make it:

"bottled liquids on a plane!?!?! that's precious weight! and bulk! I could use for Wende!l Berry books and therma! underwear!!! and it'll have to go with the hold luggage, so won't it get all shaken up and ruined anyway!!!! look here, you weird person on the internet!!! I have to prepare for starting a new life in a foreign country and you want be make a trip to Kentucky!!!!!"

reasons to take my terrible, unsolicited advice anyway:

1. all bottled beverages fizz uncontrollably in El Alto even if they haven't been tossed around by baggage handlers

2. the best gifts have mountains of thought and effort behind them and minimal if any usefulness in front of them

3. no one ever regrets bringing a house warming gift, and nothing warms a chilly apartment floor like the sticky fizzy runoff of fresh a Ale8one

4. all people before you (myself included) ended up bringing things they didn't need to Bolivia

5. ya pues

6. there is no reason number six

7. anyone who knows Uncle Lee knows there is no better reason for a road trip to KY



but, if you can find no way to purchase this luxury item, go ahead and take any tiny, pliable, light weight, shatterproof gift you want, EXCEPT a water balloon launcher!!! (they only lead to trouble)

The blogastratusphere will be my confessor. You now know the words I've broken, what is a suitable penance?

- spending the night is a cave with millions of spiders
- hand sewing a five person hammock
- tying myself to a tree and tangling myself to the point I can't move
- trying to use rational arguments to convince Mike from New York that he is just as close minded as those he accuses of being closed minded
- six weeks of sleeping on sacks of chunyos in the Altiplano
- signing a statement of faith/ community contract
- become an out of work ESL teacher
- blogging about my personal opinions
- or what have you

1 Comments:

Blogger monica noel said...

wow, drewman. i miss you. your penance can be writing on this blog on a regular basis. and also the 5 person hammock thing because that would be amazing...

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home