Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gold Star

I believe the beer of legend was called Weisbier, which in German means "Almost Jagermeister but Not Quite". It was either that or it was just an El Inca bottle with a Pacena label conveniently plastered over it, but maybe Jon remembers better then I do?

What I do know for certain is that it makes for a fun bus ride back to El Alto as the local drunks insist on speaking English while the out of town drunks insist on speaking German and occasionally Condor.

I also recall that at some point in that ride it got really hot, so hot that people needed to take their shirts off...

2 Comments:

Blogger ::athada:: said...

To the esteemed members of Illimani says...

Before the aforementioned rejection of said blog transfer, I had already rescinded my offer (hadn't gotten around to e-mailing the owners about it) and taken up blog residence in a much more preferable locale. Seriously, why would one settle on the e-equivalent of a cold, treeless, hopeless plain at 13,000ft when the temperate, hilly, beer-soaked valleys of Sorata are offering real estate?

To see that the doors to this airless void were locked from the inside (to evoke both Dante and C.S. Lewis) I eventually found this a pleasure. Perhaps, yes, I rapped a little too loudly on the front door. But through a crack in the door, I could see the void that lay behind it. Were I truly full of co-optionity and had an army of angry altenos at my disposal, I might have employed empty gas tanks in my siege (hack) of these gates. Alas. I sought more hospitable climes, knowing that while these gates would hum with activity briefly in renewed vigor (3 posts in 5 days), they would eventually fall into the inactive blogging void, as so many do.

Sadly, the potential of a deal could have brought the pax romana, or at least the pax ale8a to one thirsty Baker. This will not come to pass.

Though you may fortify your gates will broken Pacena bottles, know this: we all shall fall.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

there we go...now thats what we were looking for, and Sorata, good choice. Although I hear that you can't truly know Sorata unless you participate in Acha Avalacha Bike Race...better gear up!

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home